Developing a Rhythm to your Workout
If you are like most people, time is a very sacred commodity.”Carving Out” 60 minutes to workout everyday, takes much pre-planning and juggling work and family commitments. Most people do an admirable job of setting-up the actual workout time. What is key, is what happens once you are in the gym and ready to workout. Have you spent as much time planning your workout, as you do setting-up the day and time?This plan,or schedule for your workout,is key to maximizing the available workout time.Write your workout down on paper,or a log book. Some folks keep their workout detail in the heads.The key is having some sort of pre-plan before entering the workout space.
For purposes of this Blog, we are speaking of developing a Rhythm to your workouts. Rhythm is the state where you are so engaged in the workout, that time moves quickly and efficiently. Your able to accomplish your workout goals in a specified time period and ultimately see progress in your overall fitness level. Listed below are some easy to to implement steps to developing your individual Rhythm.
- Pre-plan your workout for efficient use of time.
- No two Rhythms are the same. Find what works for you individually and strive to execute.
- Gyms specifically can be crowded. Don’t overly socialize. Stick to the daily plan. Stay on task!
- Unplug. Free your self of all electronic devices. Your body reacts better and stays in Rhythm better, when you listen to your mind and body, while moving through your exercise sequence.
- Evaluate. During your commute home, or to work, evaluate the workout you just completed. Improve on what worked and eliminate what did not work. Did the workout stay on task and did you feel in Rhythm?